First Steps is seeking another member for our office team! We are hiring a part-time Records Assistant. The Records Assistant supports the First Steps team, including the Executive Director, Assistant Director, Data Specialists, and Intake Coordinators, and works alongside, the Referrals & Records Assistant. The ideal candidate is a quick learner who is eager to join a new team in a family-like atmosphere. This person may answer incoming calls in the office, so we are looking for someone who exudes warmth and consideration when speaking with others. Attention to detail is a must and an astute understanding of the computer is absolutely necessary.
We need someone who will assume ownership of the EarlySteps records and understand the process inside and out! This person is a team player and is willing to provide support wherever necessary to get the job done! The position starts part-time with the potential for full-time.
Our office is open Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, and closes for a lunch hour at noon.
Below is a sample of daily tasks for the position:
- Perform clerical functions, (printing, labeling, filing) for approximately 1400 hard copy records.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls for Regions IV and V.
- Receive referrals via phone calls from referral sources.
- Data entry and management of the First Steps Database
- Ensure all hard copy records are current for Regions IV and V.
- Provide collaborative support to the Data Specialists and Referrals Department in managing and terminating records.
- Box, label, and prepare files for off-site storage.
- Provide records as requested from Social Security Administration, Depart of Child and Family Services, Parents, and Legal Entities in compliance with the EarlySteps Practice Manual, DHH SPOE Contract Deliverables, and HIPAA.
- Retrieve necessary records and reports from the records room and electronic filing system.
First Steps is committed to providing high-quality services to infant, toddlers, preschoolers, and their families. We believe children and families deserve to be equipped with the necessary tools to enhance the child’s development. Our focus is on evidence-based practices that yield positive outcomes for children and families.
Operating as a collaboration of people, ideas, and shared goals, First Steps serves as the System Point of Entry (SPOE) for Regions IV and V for EarlySteps, Louisiana’s Early Intervention Program. At the core of our organization is the belief that increased awareness, education, and the provision of high-quality services and supports create a dynamic inclusive environment for children with disabilities.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
First Steps participates in telehealth services which include virtual meetings via Zoom as permissible and dictated by the EarlySteps guidelines.