REGION IV, FULL TIME
First Steps Referral and Consulting is seeking a Full-Time Intake Coordinator to join our team and serve the Region IV area which includes Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, and St. Martin parishes, specifically Lafayette and St. Landry parishes. The ideal candidate is a quick learner with an acute understanding of computers and experience in Early Childhood Education and Early Intervention with a proven record of providing quality services to children and families.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and a cover letter sharing your experience and why you want to work in Early Childhood Intervention. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
The role is fast-paced and requires the ability to manage several multidisciplinary teams and tasks simultaneously. Our ideal candidate is comfortable engaging in written communication, calendar management, scheduling of appointments, on-screen (remote) appointments, and data entry with a heavy focus on accurate file management and timelines.
The Intake Coordinator (IC) is responsible for initial support coordination and coordination of the eligibility determination process through the completion of the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) for eligible children (0-3 years) and their families. This position will carry an average of 40 – 45 cases per month and perform all procedures per approved policies and the best professional practices.
Below is a sample of some of the daily tasks and timelines for the position:
- Upon receipt of a referral from the Referral Coordinator, create a child record.
- Enter data into the DHH EarlySteps database at all intervals throughout the process. (Intake, Eligibility/Not Eligible, IFSP.)
- Contact families within three (3) business days after receiving the referral.
- Coordinate and facilitate initial intake meetings within ten (10) business days following referrals. Address all procedural safeguards and complete required documentation. (Per EarlySteps Practice Manual and DHH SPOE Contract Deliverables)
- Coordinate and facilitate all evaluation activities.
- Follow Freedom of Choice procedures for all ongoing events, as appropriate. (Per EarlySteps Practice Manual and DHH SPOE Contract Deliverables)
- Coordinate and facilitate IFSP meetings within 45 calendar days from the date of referral.
- Prepare the family/child record, reviewing thoroughly for completion. Distribute the record to the family, providers, and family service coordinator within five (5) calendar days after the IFSP meeting.
- Submit reviewed record to Supervisor within seven (7) days business days after the IFSP meeting.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Services, or related field.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter sharing your experience and why you want to work in Early Childhood Intervention. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
***Compensation commensurate with experience***
First Steps is committed to providing high-quality services to infant, toddlers, preschoolers, and their families. We believe children and families deserve to be equipped with the necessary tools to enhance the child’s development. Our focus is on evidence-based practices that yield positive outcomes for children and families.
Operating as a collaboration of people, ideas, and common goals, First Steps serves as the System Point of Entry (SPOE) for Regions IV and V for EarlySteps, Louisiana’s Early Intervention Program. At the core of our organization is the belief that increased awareness, education, and the provision of high-quality services and supports create a dynamic inclusive environment for children with disabilities.
First Steps participates in telehealth services which include virtual meetings via Zoom as permissible and dictated by the EarlySteps guidelines.